Layers Composite Project Question
I am almost done with my project, but have an issue. I do not have any photos taken by me that can be used as a prominent feature for the composition. I am currently using smaller elements from several of my own photos. The more prominent photos are from free third party sources. For example I have a tiny blue heron, a few leaves, etc. They do fit in the concept I have in mind, that is they are part of the story. My tiny images are from 5 or 6 of my own photos. I am using about 5 photos from other sources: Pexels.com and Unspalsh.com.
Does it matter that the elements from my own photos are minor as long as they fit in the narrative I am trying to illustrate?
Thank you
Vanessa
Yes I think that would work, I am not the professor but I think it can work.
ReplyDeleteI don't think Joe specified just how prominent our own image(s) had to be in the work, so yours would be alright I think, but hopefully he will weigh in himself about it!
ReplyDeleteHi Vanessa,
ReplyDeleteThis sounds perfectly fine for this assignment. My idea behind using multiple sources, including our own, is that it brings up so many valuable lessons and problems of image management (file size, color balance, perspective, etc) as well as interesting issues of authorship and context. I'm excited to hear that you're using so many sources, and that you're being attentive to the overall themes and concepts behind the work. Can't wait to have a look!